Community Archives - Page 6 of 7 - Mary's Pence
Photograph of Rosemary Radford Reuther in an armchair with books in the background.

Community

Founding Board Member Rosemary Radford Reuther

She has enjoyed a long and distinguished career as a scholar, teacher, and activist in the Roman Catholic Church, and is well known as a groundbreaking figure in Christian feminist theology. Ruether has published numerous books, most recently a multi-volume Encyclopedia of Women in American Religion with Rosemary Skinner Keller.

Read More »
Photograph of three women.

Community

Rosalie Muschal-Reinhardt Remembers

I named my life’s mission as: to make the world a safer place for women, a saner place for men, and a better world for our grandchildren yet unborn. Mary’s Pence was another place where I could fulfill my mission.

Read More »
Photograph of Kaye Ashe

Community

Founding Board Member Kaye Ashe, OP

It was the awakening to the discrimination against women in Church and society, the limited opportunities open to them, and the poverty, abuse and violence suffered by so many for so long that prompted her to accept gladly the invitation to help launch Mary’s Pence.

Read More »
Congregational Leadership team including Sister Teresita.

Community

Founding Board Member Teresita Weind, SNDdeN

At age seven, I was baptized by total immersion in Shiloh Baptist Church. When I was twelve years old I transferred into full communion with the Catholic Church. When Dr. King was assassinated in 1968, I began another conversion and an awakening of consciousness in my African American roots. This awakening sparked a radical shift in my ministry.

Read More »

Community

Founding Board Member Margaret Ellen Traxler, SSND

Margaret Ellen died on Mardi Gras 2002. Like the day she died her time on earth was a celebration of life on a grand scale. Margaret was a tireless activist on behalf of civil rights, women’s rights and human rights.

Read More »

Community

Founding Board Member Hon. Sheila Murphy

[caption id="attachment_285" align="alignleft" width="300"] l to r Maureen Gallagher, OP, Mary Luke Tobin, SL and Judge Sheila Murphy at an early board meeting[/caption] Sheila M. Murphy was born in Colorado...

Read More »

Community

Founding Board Member Mary Luke Tobin, SL

Mary Luke Tobin, born and educated in Denver, Colorado, entered the Sisters of Loretto in 1927. The first 23 years of her religious life were spent chiefly as a high...

Read More »

Community

Founding Board Member Carol Coston, OP

[caption id="attachment_228" align="alignleft" width="300"] Carol Coston, OP at an early Mary's Pence Board Meeting[/caption] Carol Coston, OP is the founding Director of NETWORK, A National Catholic Social Justice Lobby in...

Read More »

Community

Founding Board Member Edwina Gateley

Edwina is the guest speaker at the Marys Pence 25th Anniversary Celebration, April 28th in Chicago.  Join us!  RSVP here. “Mary's Pence is about the Widow's Mite given by thousands...

Read More »

Community

Founding Board Member Amata Miller, IHM, PhD

Sr. Amata is currently Professor of Economics and Director of the Myser Initiative on Catholic Identity at St. Catherine University in St. Paul, MN.  She holds the Archbishop Harry Flynn...

Read More »

Subscribe

Donate

Make a donation today to fund women and change lives.

DONATE